1. Driver Compensation. You are entitled to compensation for the services that you provide. “Driver Compensation” is determined by a “Care Shift”. A Care Shift is a predetermined duration of time in which one or more trips are assigned to form a route (eg. 10:00 AM ~ 12:30 PM). A Care Shift begins at the specific time and location - for example 10:00 AM at 123 Fake St., Los Angelas, CA 90001; and ends upon completion of the last trip assigned within the Care Shift. Rates for Care Shifts are made available through your driver dashboard or through Rate Sheets Online. Rates will be displayed and calculated as $x.xx per minute of the Care Shift and $x.xx per mile while you are transporting a passenger. Rates vary by market and by the type of service you are providing (for example CareCar Access). In situations where an individual trip in your Care Shift has been canceled you are still expected to stand by and remain available to accept trips for the remainder of your shift, however, you still be compensated for the time as determined by the Rate Sheet in your service area. Rates are subject to change at CareCar’s discretion and any changes shall be published. By continuing to use the CareCar Platform, you are deemed to accept these changes.
2. Additional Payments to You. In addition to Driver Compensation, you will receive the following payments, if applicable: (i) any tolls or surcharges we collect for remittance to you, (ii) any damage charges we collect on your behalf, and (iii) any bonuses or incentives you earn based on your provision of Services.
3. Adjustments and Settlement. CareCar reserves the right to adjust or withhold all or a portion of Driver Compensation or other payment owed to you (i) if it believes that you have attempted to defraud or abuse Riders, CareCar or CareCar’s payment systems, or (ii) in order to resolve a Rider complaint (e.g., you took an inefficient route or failed to properly end a particular instance of Services in the CareCar application when the ride was over). CareCar’s decision to adjust or withhold the Driver Compensation or other payment in any way shall be exercised in a reasonable manner. If you have agreed to any other amounts being deducted from your Driver Compensations with any party (such as vehicle rental or lease payments), those amounts will be deducted before remittance to you, and we may determine the order of these other deductions if allowed by law. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your Driver Compensation and any other payments to you will be paid to you on at least a weekly basis. You acknowledge and agree that all payments owed to you shall not include any interest and will be net of any amounts that we are required to withhold by law.
4. CareCar Fees. In exchange for your use of the CareCar Platform and the services provided by CareCar to you, you agree to pay CareCar (and permit CareCar to retain) a Platform Service fee (“Platform Fee”) based on each ride you provide. The Platform Fee shall be a set amount for each ride as set forth on the applicable Rate Sheet at the time of the ride. If not designated in the applicable Rate Sheet, the current Platform Fee is equal to the amount of $0.30 per trip.
5. Payment Processing. Payment processing services are provided by Stripe and subject to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement (available at https://stripe.com/us/connect-account/legal), which includes the Stripe Services Agreement (available at https://stripe.com/us/legal) (collectively, the "Stripe Terms"). By using the CareCar Platform to receive payment proceeds, you agree to be bound by the Stripe Terms, which may be modified from time to time. As a condition of CareCar enabling payment processing services through Stripe, you authorize CareCar to obtain all necessary access and perform all necessary activity on your Stripe Connected Account to facilitate your provision of Services as contemplated by the Agreement and your relationship with CareCar. You further agree to provide accurate and complete information about you and your business and authorize CareCar to share it and transaction information with Stripe for the purposes of facilitating of the payment processing services provided by Stripe. CareCar reserves the right to switch payment processing vendors in its discretion.
6. Express Pay. If you elect to receive payments through CareCar’s Express Pay feature (which CareCar may offer to you in its sole discretion), you acknowledge that you will be charged a fee for this Express Pay service as described by CareCar prior to confirmation. You understand that (i) your financial institution may not support Express Pay, (ii) CareCar and Stripe make no guarantee concerning how quickly Express Pay payments will settle with your account, and (iii) not all payments through the CareCar Platform are eligible for Express Pay.