We are very excited to have you a part of the CareCar Driver Community. Below you will find what to expect as a partner CareCar Driver. Please reach out to us if you have additional questions.
- At CareCar, the CareCar Driver app is your access point to the CareCar Platform. Shifts are offered via the app and work is monitored via the app. If you haven’t already, please download the app to your phone.
- On the app you will need to sign up as a driver and upload all the information it requires.
- Your trips will be assigned the evening before your planned working day based on the hours you have committed. A route will be provided for your day.
- Within each trip you will find passenger information including any special notes for consideration and contact numbers. Please pay close attention to this information as it is vital to the success of your trips.
- When picking up a passenger, it's usually best to call them as you are arriving to let them know your estimated time of arrival, preferably 5-10 minutes before. Identify yourself as their driver for their medical appointment and give them your name and car information.
- If you need language assistance for the member, call one of our CareCar coordinators at 949.344.2465 for assistance
- Assist the passenger as much as needed. Some passengers may have walkers and need assistance in and out of the car as well as walking up to the door for their appointment. Be sure to ask your passenger how much assistance they require and offer your support when needed.
- In order to keep up with community guidelines, its best to appear well dressed, groomed, and clean. Most drivers find comfortable casual dress is preferred (ie. jeans, blank t shirts, button downs, etc.). Clothing such as sweats, yoga pants, printed t-shirts with offensive or political material and related clothes are not recommended as it is a common source of complaint against drivers.